We’re excited to welcome our new 2015-2016 kindergarten students! Click here for more information about our Kindergarten Open House and Registration!
ECS Middle and High School Hours are 7:25am to 2:40pm (on Wednesdays, middle and high school students are dismissed at 2:00pm).
Roosevelt STEAM Academy hours are 8:00am to 3:00pm (on Wednesdays, Roosevelt students are dismissed at 2:15pm).
We also recognize that when our offices are closed, you may still have questions about your child’s progress. PowerSchool is the Elkhart Community Schools’ online portal for all student information, including report cards, test scores, absences/tardies and monitoring lunch money balances. PowerSchool is used district-wide and updated in real time.
Elkhart Community Schools also uses School Messenger, a program that aids us in contacting parents with messages about school, including closings and delays. Parents are able to set their preferences to receive text alerts, emails and phone calls for a variety of subject matters through School Messenger. Access to your School Messenger account is done through PowerSchool’s Contact Manager.
Ways to communicate with the school and district:
- Contact your school through our Schools page
- Elkhart Community Schools Facebook page
- Elkhart Community Schools Twitter page
- Contact Elkhart Community Schools administration and educational services center
- Attend Board of School Trustees meetings
It is our goal to engage not only children in the educational process, but also parents and the community.
Congratulations to Matt Hartman, who received Elkhart Community Schools’ Teacher of the Year Award. Mr. Hartman is an Art Teacher at Memorial High School, and has been with ECS for 16 years. According to staff and students, Mr. Hartman has not only helped transform the art program at Memorial High School, but has also made significant contributions to the community. Mr. Hartman’s students call him upbeat, creative, gentle, supportive, inspirational, patient and encouraging. Mr. Hartman’s efforts, combined with the hard work of his students, have raised over $30,000 for CAPS (Child And Parent Services) by painting two of the Elkhart elk and $13,000 towards the Elkhart General Hospital Foundation by painting two of the Elkhart hearts. ECS is extremely proud to call Mr. Matt Hartman our Teacher of the Year.
Why Elkhart Community Schools
- Students can earn an Associate’s Degree by graduation at ECS
- Programs to prepare students for success at college or in their career
- Hands-on learning, beginning in kindergarten
- Award-winning extracurricular activities, including band, sports and art
- Comprehensive support for students and families inside and outside the classroom