Do you know a student who plans go to college in Fall 2018? He/she should attend one of these Financial Aid Information & Workshop events presented by Elkhart Community Schools!
- Tuesday, October 24, 6:00 – 7:00 pm, at Elkhart Memorial HS
- Wednesday, October 25, 3:30 – 5:30 pm, at Elkhart Central HS
- Thursday, November 2, 4:00 – 5:30 pm, at the Elkhart Public Library (downtown)
- Sunday, November 5, 2:00 – 4:00 pm, at the IUSB Elkhart campus building (downtown Elkhart)
- Thursday, November 9, 6:30 – 7:30 pm (in Spanish), at Elkhart Central HS
For more information, call the ECHS Guidance Office at 295-4704.
Congratulations to Central’s Kristin Baker, who received Elkhart Community Schools’ Secondary Teacher of the Year Award and who has been named one of the Top 10 Finalists for Indiana Teacher of the Year. A speech and theatre teacher, she has been teaching for 18 years. As a child, Kristin was shy and struggled with social anxiety, and found a safe space on the stage of a theatre, an experience she uses to help her students. Kristin’s greatest accomplishments as a teacher are found in reading her students’ evaluations at the end of the year – many students praise her for truly getting to know them and for helping them build confidence. In the classroom, Kristin believes every student has value and something to add to the class and greater community. Her lessons are designed to give students time to explore the why behind their words and actions, as much as the how and what. Due to the nature of her speech curriculum, social philosophies also come into play, as students debate current local, societal, and global issues, as well as what actions might need to be taken to make our world a better place.
Keep up to date with current news at Elkhart Central!
- October 26 – “Best Start” Luncheon recognizing student achievement
- October 27, 30 – Fall Recess (no student attendance)
- November 1 – Student Progress Reports distributed; Fall Sports Banquet, 6:30 pm
- November 9 – Winter Athletic Team Photos
- November 14 – School Club & Activities Yearbook Photos – during school day
- Calendar of Events