This is the second year of the CAD program. This course progresses from introductory to advanced 2-D and 3-D drawing, solid modeling, and animation.
Second year students may also work in class on real-world drafting and design problems for local companies.
Mechanical and architectural drafting, in both first and second year, are covered in the most current version of AutoCAD, 3dsMax, Revit, Inventor, and AutoCAD Architecture.
Second year students will also have the opportunity to work on 3D design and video game creation with the Unreal Engine.
Second year students may have the opportunity to work as an intern at a local company in a CAD related career field (must have at least a “B” and less than 5 absences to be considered).
*Pre-requisite: CAD 1
Course Overview: 2nd Year
DOE Course: 3D Computer Animation and Visualization 5530 (3D CMP AN)
- Introductory and advanced 3D modeling
- Introductory and advanced 3D printing
- Create video game quality 3D solid models and animation
- Video game creation and editing with the Unreal Engine
- Advanced mechanical and architectural drafting
- Compete in regional, state, and national drafting competitions
- Gain real-world experience by working on projects for local companies
- Paid internships available – work for half the school day
Students are prepared for further education, and/ or employment as a CAD drafter.
Earn 3 college credits
AutoCAD Certified User / AutoCAD Certified Pro