The Internet is changing life as we know it, increasing global demands for information and communication technology skills.Powered by networks;, social networking, cloud computing, mobile devices, and desktop virtualization are changing the way we live, work, and play. There is a shortage of qualified ICT candidates to design, install and manage the hardware and software that make up these networks.
• Build and troubleshoot PCs
• Install and navigate various operating systems
• Configure and maintain computer networks
• Install network cables and hardware in new construction
• Utilize internationally-recognized Cisco Networking Academy
Students will be prepared for CompTIA A+ and/or CCENT
certifications, immediate employment as a computer/network
technician, or further education.
Earn up to 11 college credits-Vincennes University & Ivy Tech Community College
CPNS 150/Computer Telecommunications
CPNS 101/LAN Basic & OSI Model
CPNS 102/WAN Basics & Routers
INFM 109/Informatics Fundamentals
College credit prerequisite (Ivy Tech only): Accuplacer-Writing 80, Reading 76; ACT- W 17, R 18; SAT -W 27, R 25; PSAT- W 26, R 25; or CORE 40 senior w/ 2.6 GPA or higher