Students will study dental anatomy, dental terminology, nutrition,
and oral diseases. Skills will be developed in sterilization, operative
and lab procedures, radiographs, patient management and oral
hygiene instruction. Students will also practice working with
various dental materials. Opportunities include community service,
involvement in SkillsUSA, CPR certification, and internships.
• Hands-on experience in dental and expanded functions
• Deliver oral hygiene instruction to both children and adults
• Develop dental terminology that will enhance practical skills
• Experience internships in a dental office
• Develop and build employability skills
Students will be prepared to seek employment in a dental office
and/or further education in a dental health career program.