Diesel Service TechnologyBrenda Kolbe2018-01-11T16:23:34+00:00
Course Description The Diesel Technology program is designed to provide training in the diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of heavy-duty agricultural equipment, construction equipment,medium/heavy diesel trucks, and other heavy-duty diesel systems.
The Diesel Technology program is designed to provide training in the diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of heavy-duty agricultural equipment, construction equipment, medium/heavy diesel trucks, and other heavy-duty diesel systems. The Diesel Technology program will provide training in entry-level skills of engine repair/diagnosis, emission, electrical and fuel systems, power trains, steering and suspension, brake systems, air conditioning, welding and hydraulics.
· Introduce students to diesel engine operating principles and theories.
· Experience hands on training on diesel engines, drive trains, brakes, electrical, steering and suspension.
· Practical experience using OEM diagnostic software and service information.
· Learn preventative maintenance and DOT inspection skills.
· Earn tools and scholarship money through involvement in Skills USA and TMC Super Tech competition.
· Receive instruction for preparation to obtain a CDL license.
· Prepare for entry level positions in the trucking, heavy equipment, agriculture and marine fields.
· Prepare for ASE Certification and further education.
Earn up to 27 college credits-Ivy Tech Community College
AUTI 100/Intro to Automotive
AUTI 111/Electrical Systems
AUTI 112/Electrical Systems II
AUTI 121/Brake Systems
AUTI 122/Steering and Suspension Systems
AUTI 131/Engine Performance I
AUTI 141/Engine Fundamentals and Repair
AUTI 160/Diesel Engine Theory and Service
TRCK 100/Diesel Preventive Maintenance
ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) Certifications
ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) Student Certifications (formerly NA3SA)
Industry Recognized Certifications