Click here for a list of FREE WIFI LOCATIONS IN ELKHART COUNTY
1:1 Technology at Elkhart Community Schools
The 1:1 Technology Program
All ECS students have 1:1 technology, meaning every ECS student has an iPad.
Learning in a 1:1 environment with iPads creates opportunities that would not be possible without technology. In order for students to have productive and enjoyable lives, they must develop up-to-date knowledge and skills required by employers in the 21st century. Students must increasingly collaborate with others, communicate effectively, think critically, and be creative in solving problems or completing tasks.
Students can use the iPads to discover so much about the world through investigations because of the access to sources reaching far outside the walls of Elkhart Community Schools. Putting these devices into the hands of students allows them to access a world filled with information and opinions far different from those directly surrounding them.
Information about iPad Optional Protection Plan will be available in late summer.
Teaching and Learning Goals
- Maximize student collaboration and cooperative learning
- Increase engaging, rigorous student-centered learning experiences
- Teach students 21st century literacy skills
- Provide equitable, anytime access
- Develop competent and responsible future-ready citizens
- Prepare for success in future college, career, and life pursuits
Learn more about the program – This video was created from the content shared at the parent informational meetings held at both high schools on May 3 and May 9 2018.
1:1 Parent Information Handout
1:1 Parent Frequently Asked Questions – have a question about the iPads and classroom technology? Start here!
Acceptable Use Policy: – Know the rules and responsibilities for using technology in the district
- Meet the iPad: Apple / iPads in Education
- Wifi options for home: https://www.internetessentials.com/