EAP/Employee Assistance Program
Life can provide challenges. Usually people can work them out, but sometimes the problems are too much to be handled alone. They begin to affect personal happiness, family relationships and good health. Often, they spill over into work and affect job performance. Without proper help, these issues can become worse and result in tardiness, absenteeism, accidents, medical expenses and even loss of job. Bowen Center helps thousands of people each year to cope and find solutions for life’s problems.
Elkhart Community School Corporation has partnered with the Bowen Center to provide an employee assistance program for its employees. This benefit allows 4 pre-paid outpatient counseling sessions for employees, their legal spouses and their legal dependents. No deductible or co-pay applies to these sessions and they renew each year (every 365 days from initial use). The services can be obtained at ANY Bowen Center location and can be accessed by simply calling 1-800-342-5652. State that you are using the benefit under the Elkhart Community School Employee assistance program. The counseling sessions can be used for individuals, couples, family or a group. Employees can contact Bowen directly and do not need to go through the school. This allows for total confidentiality. As an additional option, Bowen has coordinated with the Samaritan Center located at 311 W. High Street in Elkhart to be an alternate location for counseling. You can set up an appointment through them by calling 1-800-342-5653 X101 and stating that you are accessing the employee assistance benefit through Elkhart Community School. If you leave a message, please include this information and let them know if they can also leave a message for you. Jodi Bauma is the contact there and will set up all appointments for Samaritan. We are excited about this new partnership and benefit for the Elkhart Community School employees. Julie Kelch is the Employee Assistance Program representative for the Bowen Center and is happy to answer any questions you may have. You can reach her at 574-933-1839 or Julie.email@example.com.
The Bowen Center is:
- Largest Community Mental Healthcare Provider in Indiana.
- Accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
- Licensed by the Indiana Division of Mental Health.
- Certified by the Indiana Department of Addiction Services.
- Certified by Blue Cross/Blue Shield and other insurance companies.
- Certified by Medicare and Medicaid.
- A member of local Chamber of Commerce.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who has access to this Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?
- Any employee that a company chooses to cover with a predetermined amount of sessions. A Bowen Center EAP also covers the employee’s spouse and dependent children. Counseling does not have to be work-related and can be used for an individual, couples, a family, and more.
- What locations are available for counseling?
- For convenience and privacy, you may choose any Bowen Center Outpatient Counseling office location in Huntington, Fort Wayne, Columbia City, Warsaw, Wabash, Syracuse, Albion, Lagrange, Angola, Auburn or Plymouth, Indiana.
- Is prior authorization required?
- No. There is no co-pay or deductible. All sessions under the EAP are prepaid by the employer.
- What is not covered?
- Services excluded from EAP coverage are medication management, psychological testing, psychiatry visits, inpatient treatment and any court ordered treatment.
- Is my employer informed if I use the EAP?
- No. All sessions are private and confidential. Due to privacy laws, no protected health information is given to your employer without your ex-pressed written consent.
- How do I set an EAP appointment?
- Call Bowen Center at (800) 342-5653 to schedule an appointment. State what company you work for and that you would like to schedule an EAP visit. Note: Your insurance information may be gathered to make sure you are scheduled with a covered provider should you choose to continue beyond your EAP covered sessions. You will not be charged for sessions covered by your EAP.