ABC: Annual Back-to-School Check-in
To streamline efforts and reduce paper usage, Elkhart Community Schools use an Annual Back-to-School Check-in process for parents to review/update contact information for returning students.
Updated information is critical with the current COVID-19 situation in our country. The district will use email to communicate with parents if there is a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in a school building. Additionally, emergency information, including school closings, will be communicated via phone message and text message. Additionally, annual forms that are required can be reviewed/completed during this process. Parents/guardians are asked to log in to PowerSchool after July 20 to review the contact information on file.
To complete the process:
- Log in toPowerSchool – https://ps.elkhart.k12.in.us
- Click on “ABC: Annual Back-to-School Check-in” on the left menu. Please note: if you are accessing PowerSchool through an internet browser on your phone, the left side menu may collapse on the left side.
- Follow the prompts. Be sure to review and approve/decline the required annual forms.
- If you have multiple children, this process will need to be completed for every child. To access additional children who are on your account, go to PowerSchool and click the drop-down menu where your child’s name appears.
- The PowerSchool app will not work for this specific process. If you try to complete this on a phone, you are more likely to encounter issues. We highly recommend completing this process on a computer or iPad.
The following is a walk-through of the ABC process:
If you have forgotten your password for PowerSchool, click on the “Forgot Username or Password?” option. If you have never signed in to PowerSchool, please watch for a letter from the district at the end of July or contact our support line at 574-262-5858.