Welcome to Elkhart Community Schools! We’re excited you’ll be joining the ECS family!
Are you an incoming kindergarten family? Please visit our Kindergarten Registration page.
Parents can register their student by stopping in at their school between 7:30am and 3:30pm. To register to attend school, a parent must provide:
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency (mortgage statement, utility bill, etc)
- Immunization Records (Immunization requirements)
- If you are a new resident in Elkhart and have previously attended a different school, it would be helpful to bring your previous school records with you.
Finding Your School
If you are unsure which school your child will attend, this map can give you a general idea where our schools are located around the Elkhart community. For specific school boundaries, please see the following maps.
- Mary Beck
- Mary Daly
- Mary Feeser
If you are unsure which school boundary you live in or would like to verify, please contact Elkhart Community Schools at 574-262-5540
- If you do not reside within Elkhart Community Schools’ boundaries, but would like to attend an ECS school, you will need to complete a Transfer Request through the ECS Student Services Department.
- If you live within Elkhart Community Schools’ boundaries, but would like to transfer to a different school within ECS, you will also need to complete a Transfer Request Form.
- For information on Transfers, please see our Transfers page.
For information on Transportation, including school walk zones, please see our Transportation page.
The Elkhart Community
We are proud and thankful to belong to a community that so generously embraces our schools and children. If you are new to the Elkhart community, we encourage you to visit this page to learn more about Elkhart: The Elkhart Community.