High School Name, Mascot, and Colors
Throughout the months of February and March, the Elkhart community will have the opportunity to submit name, mascot, and color identity ideas for the unified Elkhart high school.
A naming committee comprised of current and former students, current and former staff, parents, and community members will host three events where participants can discuss, brainstorm, and submit ideas. The events are open to all and scheduled as follows:
- February 15 at 6:30pm, Tolson Center
- February 20 at 6:30pm, Trinity United Methodist Church/Trinity on Jackson
- February 26 at 6:30pm, North Side Middle School
There are multiple ways to submit ideas:
- Attend one of the meetings above.
- Print and complete the following form. It can be dropped off at any ECS school, emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to Attn. Naming Committee, J.C. Rice Educational Services Center, 2720 California Road, Elkhart, IN 46514.
- Complete the online idea submission form.
Submissions will be accepted through March 16, 2018. By the end of April, the committee will review all submissions, and create a list of options. The options will then be presented to ECS students in grades K-12 for voting. Upon completion of voting, the committee will present recommendations to the Elkhart Board of School Trustees.
All questions should be submitted to the naming committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org.