All information is current at time of publish (June 10, 2020). Details are subject to change with no notice or obligation. Elkhart Community Schools is sharing information as a valuable resource to our community and does not formally endorse programs listed.
Day Camps / Childcare Camps
- June 15-31, 2020
- Regular Club Hours: Monday-Friday 10am – 5pm; Early Bird Hours: Monday-Friday 6am – 10am
- Brian and Jeannelle Brady Center, 1027 McPherson St., Door 10, Elkhart, IN 46516; (574) 295-6838
- Registration Fee: New/Renewing Members: $30; Current Members: $0
- Early Bird Childcare Rates: $45/week – 1st Child; $35/week – 2nd Child; $20/week – Each Additional Child
- Lunch and snack provided
- Themes: We are Family, Club Spirit Week, Club Olympics, Mission Impossible, Elkhart’s Got Talent, The Last Dance, and more!
- Register online: https://form.jotform.com/201493794836164
- All programs are currently full. Please check back on the EEF website periodically.
- July 6-10
- Hours: 8:30am to 3:30pm (full day camp); 8:30 am to 11:30 am (morning camp); 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm (afternoon camp)
- ETHOS Innovation Center, 1025 N. Michigan St. Elkhart, Indiana
- Fees: $190/week for full day camp; $100/week for morning or afternoon camp
- Before Care: 7:00am to 8:30am (+$25 per week)
- After Care: 3:30pm to 5:00pm (+$25 per week)
- Before and After Care (+$45 per week)
- Themes: Intro to Robotics, Basic Robotics Skills, Astronomy, Advanced Robotics Skills, Not Your Average, Jr Inventors, Camp Invention
- June 15-July 31 (closed July 3)
- 7:30am – 5:30pm
- Mary Daly Elementary and Pinewood Elementary
- $45 per week per child (no scholarships for summer)
- Breakfast, lunch, and snack are provided
- Themes: Minute 2 Win it Week, Nature Week, Art Week, Space Week, Stem Week, Summer Olympics Week, Water Week
- Register online: https://form.jotform.com/BGClubs/2020-kidscare-summer-registration
Activities / Programs
Join Elkhart Parks and Recreation for a blend of virtual fun and “camp in a box” craftivities beginning June 22nd! Our program will run for 6 weeks through July 31st!
Each week we will offer a variety of crafts, games, outdoor activities, and much more in our themed, take home boxes. Our “camp in a box” sets will be available by registration and can be purchased for $5 each week. Better yet, take advantage of our “Buy 5 weeks, Get 1 week free” deal of $25 for the entire summer!
Additionally, we will be providing many engaging and entertaining live-stream videos and “virtual field trips” on our Facebook page @ElkhartParks and YouTube channel @Elkhart Parks and Recreation. Join us each week as we feature some of our awesome “camp in a box” craftivities and take you on some virtual adventures around Elkhart!
Registered campers may also participate in our “Challenge of the Week”! Enter into the weekly competitions by submitting your picture entry to our Facebook page, and you could be our lucky, weekly winner!
Best of all, every Friday during camp we will be hosting a special “in person” event that campers and their parents/guardians can register to attend! Tune in to our Facebook page each week to get the details for ALL our upcoming, special events!
Visit us @facebook.com/ElkhartParks to register! Don’t have Facebook? We’re located at the Tolson Center, 1320 Benham Ave. / 574-295-7275. We can’t wait to see you this summer!
Destination Imagination Summer Reading Program
May 15 through July 20
All five library locations
Anybody 18 and under is eligible to win prizes, including vacations, gift cards, toys, and more!
Summer Meal Program
Elkhart Community Schools is offering breakfast and lunch for all children at no charge during through August 31, 2020 at the locations listed below. “Grab and Go” meal packages are available for any child aged 18 and under, or any person with a disability who is enrolled in a K-12 school. Meals will be distributed every Monday (5 breakfasts and 5 lunches). There will be no service on Tuesday-Friday. The meals will be provided by staff members outside the school in a drive-up (or walk-up) format. Children must be present to pick up the lunch (parents do not need to be present). Parents cannot pick up breakfasts/lunches without the child present (a parent is not allowed to pick up lunches for the family). The lunches must be taken and consumed off school property. Children will not be permitted to eat them at the school. If your child has an allergy and you need breakfast/lunch assistance, please call ECS’ Allergy Department at 574-262-5608.
- Beardsley Elementary School, 1027 McPherson St, Elkhart, IN 46514, Time of Service: 10:30am to 11:30am
- Bristol Elementary School, 705 Indiana St, Bristol, IN 46507, Time of Service: 9:00am to 10:00am
- Mary Daly Elementary School, 1735 Strong Ave, Elkhart, IN 46514, Time of Service: 9:00am to 10:00am
- Mary Feeser Elementary School, 26665 County Road 4, Elkhart, IN 46514, Time of Service: 11:00am to 12:00pm
- Monger Elementary School, 1100 East Hively Ave, Elkhart, IN 46517, Time of Service: 9:00am to 10:00am
- Pinewood Elementary School, 3420 East Bristol St, Elkhart, IN 45614, Time of Service: 11:00am to 12:00pm
- Roosevelt STEAM Academy, 201 W. Wolf Ave, Elkhart, IN 46516, Time of Service: 10:30am to 11:30am
- Woodland Elementary School, 1220 CR 3, Elkhart, IN 46514, Time of Service: 9:00am to 10:00am
- Information above is subject to change without notice or obligation. If participation decreases or other considerations need to be made for the safety and health of staff, students, families, and the communities of Elkhart/Bristol, sites may close. Meals are based on availability and will be “first-come, first-serve.”