It’s our favorite time of the year! We can’t wait to meet Elkhart Community Schools’ Class of 2029! Click here for kindergarten registration information.
Elkhart Community Schools offers a wide range of summer academic and interest-based programs. Learn more on our Summer Programs page!
As we look to the future of Elkhart Community Schools, we are excited to share our vision with you: Strategic Plan. Join us at our Community Feedback Sessions.
As we look to the future of Elkhart Community Schools, we are excited to share our vision with you. We invite you to participate in our Community Feedback Sessions to review and provide feedback on the Elkhart Community Schools Strategic Plan. All meetings start at 6:30pm and will be in the cafeteria.
- June 7: Bristol Elementary School
- June 8: Monger Elementary School
- June 15: West Side Middle School
- June 21: North Side Middle School
- June 23: Pierre Moran Middle School
- June 29: North Side Middle School
- July 6: St. Vincent de Paul (presented in Spanish)
- July 11: Pierre Moran Middle School (will focus on high school concept)
ECS Elementary School Hours are 8:35am to 3:35pm (on Wednesdays, elementary students are dismissed at 2:55pm).
ECS Middle and High School Hours are 7:25am to 2:40pm (on Wednesdays, middle and high school students are dismissed at 2:00pm).
Roosevelt STEAM Academy hours are 8:00am to 3:00pm (on Wednesdays, Roosevelt students are dismissed at 2:15pm).
We also recognize that when our offices are closed, you may still have questions about your child’s progress. PowerSchool is the Elkhart Community Schools’ online portal for all student information, including report cards, test scores, absences/tardies and monitoring lunch money balances. PowerSchool is used district-wide and updated in real time.
Elkhart Community Schools also uses School Messenger, a program that aids us in contacting parents with messages about school, including closings and delays. Parents are able to set their preferences to receive text alerts, emails and phone calls for a variety of subject matters through School Messenger. Access to your School Messenger account is done through PowerSchool’s Contact Manager.
Ways to communicate with the school and district:
- Contact your school through our Schools page
- Elkhart Community Schools Facebook page
- Elkhart Community Schools Twitter page
- Contact Elkhart Community Schools administration and educational services center
- Attend Board of School Trustees meetings
It is our goal to engage not only children in the educational process, but also parents and the community.
Why Elkhart Community Schools
- Students can earn an Associate’s Degree by graduation at ECS
- Programs to prepare students for success at college or in their career
- Hands-on learning, beginning in kindergarten
- Award-winning extracurricular activities, including band, sports and art
- Comprehensive support for students and families inside and outside the classroom