It’s our favorite time of the year! We can’t wait to meet Elkhart Community Schools’ Class of 2029! Click here for kindergarten registration information.
Service & Volunteering
ECS students give back to the community in many ways, including mentoring younger students. Learn more
on our Service & Volunteering page.
Elkhart Community Schools offers a wide range of summer academic and interest-based programs. Learn more on our Summer Programs page!
ECS Elementary School Hours are 8:35am to 3:35pm (on Wednesdays, elementary students are dismissed at 2:55pm).
ECS Middle and High School Hours are 7:25am to 2:40pm (on Wednesdays, middle and high school students are dismissed at 2:00pm).
Roosevelt STEAM Academy hours are 8:00am to 3:00pm (on Wednesdays, Roosevelt students are dismissed at 2:15pm).
We also recognize that when our offices are closed, you may still have questions about your child’s progress. PowerSchool is the Elkhart Community Schools’ online portal for all student information, including report cards, test scores, absences/tardies and monitoring lunch money balances. PowerSchool is used district-wide and updated in real time.
Elkhart Community Schools also uses School Messenger, a program that aids us in contacting parents with messages about school, including closings and delays. Parents are able to set their preferences to receive text alerts, emails and phone calls for a variety of subject matters through School Messenger. Access to your School Messenger account is done through PowerSchool’s Contact Manager.
Ways to communicate with the school and district:
- Contact your school through our Schools page
- Elkhart Community Schools Facebook page
- Elkhart Community Schools Twitter page
- Contact Elkhart Community Schools administration and educational services center
- Attend Board of School Trustees meetings
It is our goal to engage not only children in the educational process, but also parents and the community.
Congratulations to Mrs. Laurie Hund-Schieber, who received Elkhart Community Schools’ Secondary Teacher of the Year Award and Mrs. Ellen Coget, who received Elkhart Community Schools’ Elementary Teacher of the Year Award. To read more about our amazing Teachers of the Year and to see who was nominated, visit our Staff page.
Why Elkhart Community Schools
- Students can earn an Associate’s Degree by graduation at ECS
- Programs to prepare students for success at college or in their career
- Hands-on learning, beginning in kindergarten
- Award-winning extracurricular activities, including band, sports and art
- Comprehensive support for students and families inside and outside the classroom