Safe Schools, Safe Community
Learn more about the ECS Return to School Plan 2021-2022: COVID-19 Information
Update Your Info
Each year, we ask parents/guardians to review and update their contact information. Click here to learn more!
Elementary school hours are 7:30am to 2:00pm
Middle school hours are 8:15am to 3:20pm
High school hours are 8:35am to 4:00pm
Mary Beck Elementary and Roosevelt STEAM Academy hours are 8:20am to 2:50pm
Elkhart Area Career Center hours are 8:15am to 11:00am for AM classes; 12:00pm to 2:45pm for PM classes.
PACE Preschool hours vary by classroom. For hours and additional information, visit our PACE Preschool page.
Instructional times for students, effective Fall 2021
Elkhart Community Schools recognizes that good communication between the school and parents is critical to a child’s success. Our schools are ready to answer your questions or address any concerns you may have. For contact information for your child’s school, please see the Schools page.
We also recognize that when our offices are closed, you may still have questions about your child’s progress. PowerSchool is the Elkhart Community Schools’ online portal for all student information, including report cards, test scores, absences/tardies and monitoring lunch money balances. PowerSchool is used district-wide and updated in real time.
Elkhart Community Schools also uses SchoolMessenger, a program that aids us in contacting parents with messages about school, including closings and delays. Parents are able to set their preferences to receive text alerts, emails and phone calls for a variety of subject matters through School Messenger. Access to your SchoolMessenger account is done through PowerSchool’s Contact Manager.
Ways to communicate with the school and district:
- Contact your school through our Schools page
- Elkhart Community Schools Facebook page
- Elkhart Community Schools Twitter page
- Contact Elkhart Community Schools administration and educational services center
- Attend Board of School Trustees meetings
It is our goal to engage not only children in the educational process, but also parents and the community.
In the fall of 2015, Elkhart Community Schools embarked on the development of a strategic plan designed to guide the direction of the district from 2017-2022. Initial steps in the process included community meetings and surveys led by Ball State University, then the establishment of a focus group comprised of parents, staff members, and community members who presented the Board of School Trustees with recommendations. The Board established a series of community meetings over June-July 2016 to receive community input. Throughout the process, the Board has carefully considered the community feedback as they developed the strategic plan. The Board adopted the plan in October 2016.
Visit our Strategic Plan page to learn more: https://elkhart.k12.in.us/StrategicPlan
- 2021-2022 Official School Calendar
- Application for Meal/Textbook Assistance
- Bullying Prevention Policy / Report Here
- Calendar of Events
- COVID-19 Information
- District Contact Information / Directory
- Employment Opportunities
- Food Services / Menus
- New Student Registration / Update Annual Info
- Return to School 2021-2022 Plan / Spanish
- Staff Links / Staff Email
Why Elkhart Community Schools
- Hands-on learning, beginning in Pre-K and kindergarten
- More AP and dual credit classes than any other school district in Elkhart County
- Award-winning Elkhart Area Career Center that features 31 programs and serves 16 neighboring school districts
- Highly awarded extra-curricular offerings, including a wide range of music programs, clubs and athletic teams, performing and fine arts
- Partnerships with leading higher education institutions, including University of Notre Dame, Indiana University South Bend, Ivy Tech Community College, Vincennes University, and IUPUI
- Partnerships with leading Elkhart businesses and non-profits, ensuring work study, internship, and volunteer opportunities for students
- Comprehensive support for students and families inside and outside the classroom