Kindergarten Registration is Open!
Kindergarten registration is now open! Visit our Kindergarten Registration page for everything
incoming kindergarten families need to know!
ECS has a wide range of summer program offerings for students in grades K-12! Learn more about ECS Summer Programs.
High School Registration is Open!
Elkhart High School is now accepting registrations for new and transferring students. Learn more about EHS: 2021 and the Six Schools of Study.
ECS Elementary School hours are 8:35am to 3:35pm
ECS Middle and High School hours are 7:25am to 2:40pm
Mary Beck Elementary and Roosevelt STEAM Academy hours are 8:45am to 3:35pm
Elkhart Area Career Center hours are 8:00am to 10:45am for AM classes; 11:50am to 2:35pm for PM classes.
Elkhart Community Schools recognizes that good communication between the school and parents is critical to a child’s success. Our schools are ready to answer your questions or address any concerns you may have. For contact information for your child’s school, please see the Schools page.
We also recognize that when our offices are closed, you may still have questions about your child’s progress. PowerSchool is the Elkhart Community Schools’ online portal for all student information, including report cards, test scores, absences/tardies and monitoring lunch money balances. PowerSchool is used district-wide and updated in real time.
Elkhart Community Schools also uses School Messenger, a program that aids us in contacting parents with messages about school, including closings and delays. Parents are able to set their preferences to receive text alerts, emails and phone calls for a variety of subject matters through School Messenger. Access to your School Messenger account is done through PowerSchool’s Contact Manager.
Ways to communicate with the school and district:
- Contact your school through our Schools page
- Elkhart Community Schools Facebook page
- Elkhart Community Schools Twitter page
- Contact Elkhart Community Schools administration and educational services center
- Attend Board of School Trustees meetings
It is our goal to engage not only children in the educational process, but also parents and the community.
In the fall of 2015, Elkhart Community Schools embarked on the development of a strategic plan designed to guide the direction of the district from 2017-2022. Initial steps in the process included community meetings and surveys led by Ball State University, then the establishment of a focus group comprised of parents, staff members, and community members who presented the Board of School Trustees with recommendations. The Board established a series of community meetings over June-July 2016 to receive community input. Throughout the process, the Board has carefully considered the community feedback as they developed the strategic plan. The Board adopted the plan in October 2016.
Visit our Strategic Plan page to learn more: https://elkhart.k12.in.us/StrategicPlan
- COVID-19 Dashboard
- Stronger Elkhart: Referendum 2021
- 2020-2021 Official School Calendar / EACC
- 2021-2022 Official School Calendar
- New Student Registration / Update Annual Info
- Staff Links / Staff Email
- Calendar of Events
- Employment Opportunities
- District Contact Information / Directory
- Bullying Prevention Policy / Report Here
Why Elkhart Community Schools
- Hands-on learning, beginning in Pre-K and kindergarten
- More AP and dual credit classes than any other school district in Elkhart County
- Award-winning Elkhart Area Career Center that features 31 programs and serves 16 neighboring school districts
- Highly awarded extra-curricular offerings, including a wide range of music programs, clubs and athletic teams, performing and fine arts
- Partnerships with leading higher education institutions, including University of Notre Dame, Indiana University South Bend, Ivy Tech Community College, Vincennes University, and IUPUI
- Partnerships with leading Elkhart businesses and non-profits, ensuring work study, internship, and volunteer opportunities for students
- Comprehensive support for students and families inside and outside the classroom