Transportation Department: News and Current Information
Address Changes and New Enrollments:
- Address changes: please complete the Annual Back-to-School Check-in. It is critical that the district and your child’s school have accurate, up to date information. If you are unable to complete the Annual Back-to-School Check-in, contact your child’s school.
- New enrollments: please complete online registration via one of these links: English or Spanish.
- Once you have completed an address change or new enrollment, please request a Transportation Request Form from your child’s school or contact the Transportation Department at 574-262-5695 to check eligibility and request bussing.
- Elkhart Community Schools operates over 100 school buses and transports more than 10,000 students every school day. Yet we never forget two things:
- Safety is number one. Nothing matters more. After all, your kids are our kids. Yes, we may seem a little overprotective from time to time. A school delay or cancellation can wreak havoc on routines, but we know you understand. The safety of all “our” kids is the priority.
- Bus drivers are important people. Maybe you remember one or two from your own school days. These amazing people are usually the first adults children see as they leave home in the morning, and the ones who are with them as their school day ends. Best of all, they care… and kids can smell genuine caring a mile away somehow.
- Middle Schools
- High Schools